Monday, November 24, 2008

Tires

My husband and I just got our front tires replace on both of our vehicles. I'm hopefully going to be driving back to Iowa in a few weeks to visit with family and friends. I didn't want to change hitting a snow storm with bad tires!

The man at the tire store showed me how to tell when my tires need to be replaced. There is a raised notch inside the inside of the main tread of the tire. When the space between top of the notch and the edge of the tire is a around 4 mm it is getting close to need replacing.

I don't drive a Subaru, but the tire guy said that in all wheel drive Subarus if a person replaces two of the tires and doesn't get the same tread design on the front and back tires that it will void the warranty because the all wheel drive in a Subaru is sensitive enough to be thrown all out of whack by the lack of consistency in all four tires.

No comments: