Sunday, October 10, 2010

Yes, I'm Still Alive...And Much Thinner

I haven't posted to this blog in a considerable amount of time. It seems I have a difficult time focusing my energies on more than one task at once. During these past few months, I've been on a weight loss journey. I'm almost at my goal weight, and even if I don't lose the remaining 10 pounds, I'm pretty happy with the journey. I'm fitting into smaller clothes then I ever have and had had anticipated I would even after hitting my goal weight.

In March when I became serious about losing weight, I was in a size 18. I'm now in a size 8. I've lost 40 pounds total.

The method I've used to lose the weight is exercise and healthy eating. I'm not on a diet. I have use a couple of simple rules that govern how I eat most of the time.

Eat only when I'm hungry

Stop Eating when I'm satisfied

Most of what I eat is food that looks like something my great grandparents would recognize as food (ie, less artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, processed food, etc.).

Exercise most days of the week


So, what I'd like to share in a few blog posts are things that have made the whole journey easier for me. Today's lesson I've learned is that when I'm in the grocery store, I tend to stick on the outside aisles where the fruit, veggies, meat, and dairy are. When I need to cut through the aisles to get to the cash register, I pick the pet food aisle or greeting card/cosmetics aisle to get from one side of the store to the other. That way, I'm not tempted to buy cookies, chips, etc.

No comments: